Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Traveler in Me

Nostalgia comes over me whenever I think about the places I have been to. Every trip I take, whether it is to the supermarket or a foreign country, has an immense impact on how I have developed into the human being many have come to know as Karlene, a nineteen year-old utopian who only hopes to travel the world. Right now, whoever is reading this must think that I have been half way around the globe, but the truth is that I have not been far out of my beautiful island, Puerto Rico. Here, in this 100mi. by 35mi. piece of land, I have discovered my passion for nature. Also, I have been fortunate to find a liking in dance and science, specifically biology. However, I hope that with every jaunt I take I can come to enjoy and love many other subjects.


Some of the places I have traveled to are:

  • Nassau
  • Miami
  • Orlando
  • Machu Picchu 
  • Cuzco
  • Lima
  • Key West
  • Tampa
  • Cocoa Cay
  • Ft. Lauderdale 

Without a doubt, Machu Picchu has to be the most impressive place I have stepped on. It is a breathtaking monument that is impossible to forget. In fact, I find it hard to believe that a group of people assembled such paradise; it seems more like a work of a god. Without a doubt, I would travel there as many times as I am able to since its content ignites the adventurer inside me. Furthermore, Machu Picchu is far more interesting to me because it carries a big part of my heritage. 

5 comments:

  1. The picture is breathtaking. Reading your story wants me to visit Machu Pichuu.
    I would like to know more about your heritage. Keep posting awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latin America it's not one of the top places to visit for many of puertoricans, but the fact that you've been there, and you loved it, made me curious about it. I do agree with you when you say that every trip have a great impact on every persons life. Btw that picture is flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karlene! I really liked the picture you posted. It looks like a really nice place to visit. I imagine it must've been cold up there on the mountains. I once took a class in which we read about the legends and the Gods of Machu Picchu and I thought it was all very interesting. Glad you actually got to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand you very much, when you say that you feel nostalgic about remembering all your trips, but the good thing is that you are young and had all the life ahead of you to travel. I feel the same remembering my trips to europe, I was 12 and 15 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good places. I also feel nostalgic remembering the places I have been to. Wish I could go to Peru pretty soon. Good Post

    ReplyDelete